Collins Place was built in the late 1800’s for Ship Inn proprietor Michael Foley. Foley also built the neighbouring semi-detached houses of Greyscourt and Beth Eden, which were erected during the boom which transformed Grey Street, South Brisbane’s principal residential street since the mid 1840s, into a fashionable and desirable address. The name Collins Place was given in honour of of 1857 deed of grant holder, squatter John Collins, though over the years it has also been known as Greyscourt and Byanda
The building has known many incarnations, having been used as a spaghetti restaurant during Expo ’88, a police station and more recently, Little Big House which is currently closed. Southpoint was designed and built around the heritage listed site, and is proud to honour it’s historic part in Brisbane’s story.
*Public holidays may vary. Please check with store for details.
South Brisbane QLD 4101