Lamington Ice Cream Treats are the perfect way to cool down this Australia Day! Add these fun chilled pops to your menu!
Time: 30 minutes plus overnight freezing time | Qty: Makes 16
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 430g dark chocolate, chopped
- 220g milk chocolate, chopped
- 250g desiccated coconut
You will need: 20cm square cake tin, baking paper, paddle pop sticks
- Prepare your tin for use by placing in the freezer for 1 hour prior to preparation.
- Line the base and sides of the cooled tin with baking paper, ensuring the lining paper hangs 4cm over the edge of the tin.
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes until it is soft enough to easily spoon out.
- Spoon half the ice-cream into the prepared cake tin and smooth out with the back of the spoon or with a spatula.
- Carefully blob the jam on top of the ice cream and spread to cover the top surface of the ice-cream.
- Spoon the remainder of the ice cream over the top of the jam and smooth surface with a spoon or spatula.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes to firm slightly. Remove from freezer and place paddle pop sticks into the ice-cream at 5 centimetre intervals so you have 4 rows of 4 sticks. Return to the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer and stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing from pan. Working quickly, use a large knife to cut the ice-cream into squares with a paddle pop stick in the centre of each square. Place onto a lined tray and return to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Microwave chocolate on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon. Place aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place coconut in a bowl.
- Working in batches of 4 at a time so that they don’t melt, coat the ice-cream in chocolate. Working quickly, dip 1 at a time into the chocolate to coat all over, then dip each side into coconut to cover. Return to freezer immediately after coating. Repeat with remaining Ice Cream Treats. Freeze for 1 hour to ensure they are firm before serving.
Shop the ingredients for this delicious recipe at Woolworths Metro.